Sunday, August 14, 2011

Re-Do: Clothesline Picture Frames

J and I just got back from our week long summer vacation.  We were blessed to have spent time with friends and family on the coast of NC.  Is it bad that I want to go back?  My school year officially starts TOMORROW... for me anyways. 

I made the decision to leave my current position at at charter school and accept a new teaching position at a nearby public high school.  Luckily, I'll still be teaching AP Calculus, my favorite subject to teach.  Depending on how cool you are, you either smiled, laughed, or gagged at that comment...

The kiddos arrive on the 25th.  So I still have some time to get back in the groove of things before the school year truly starts.  As much as I've loved this summer break, I'm eager to start back.  A new school brings new students, new friends, and new challenges.  Every school is different.  I think I'm just ready to get started.  The sooner the school year comes, the sooner I can transition and feel settled in my new classroom.

+ + + + +

So here's to my summer of crafting, knitting, and reading.  Here's a project that I completed a while ago and have just completely forgot to post.  After surfing the web for some decorating/design/DIY blogs, I came across a neat idea of how to reuse some old picture frames.

I found these two frames at Goodwill for $1 each.


I removed the pictures and twisted in some fish eye hooks (I think that's what they are called).


 [Now, sorry for the lack of pictures.  I didn't take pictures along the way...]

I spray painted (my new best friend?) the frames and some clothes pins. Then, I stapled some fabric to the back, strung some twine, and hung some pictures from our wedding.  The frames are pretty big, as the large photos are 8x10's and the small ones are 5x7's.




I love them!  And one reason why I like them is that I can always change the photos or even hang other little goodies we collect along the way.  Pretty simple and inexpensive.

1 comment: