Monday, June 13, 2011

summer has officially started

Grades are in.  Report card envelopes have been stuffed.  Classroom is clean.  Keys are turned in.  Done.  Done.  Done.

And my summer vacation has officially started.  :)  What a year it has been.  I somehow managed to survive the many setbacks that occurred this year.  From pulling in my teacher desk in the rain at 5:30am the morning that school started, not having heat through most of the winter, to my classroom lights mysteriously not working for a month.  Tell ya what, I've never had a job more challenging than teaching this year.  I had some of the best and some of the most challenging students.  All I know now is that I am so ready and deserving of this summer break.

Here's a peek into my Summer Top 10 To-Do List (in no particular order):
  1. Plant flowers in the front and along the side of our house.
  2. Sleep in.  Often.
  3. Read the rest of The Hunger Games Trilogy... plus a lengthy list of other books.
  4. Make more dishes out of my favorite vegan cookbook.
  5. The River Bound 15K at the White Water Center.
  6. Attend a good friend's wedding.
  7. Start and finish a braided winter hat.  Bright red.  I want a bright red one.
  8. Visit my family in Georgia.
  9. Write a curriculum for an independent study program I created at my school.
  10. Go to more concerts.  Next up:  Over The Rhine and David Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment